Thursday, October 1, 2015

Real Technique Stippling Make Up Brush!!

Have been busy with my new job and settling down in Jakarta and adapting to my new company. I am having a really great time and I feel valued! which is a really really good things! Anyway, let's start with the  product review.

I am going to review the Real Technique Stippling Makeup Brush. I never own a foundation brush before. I have never ever use any sponge or brush to apply BB/CC cream before as I assume the results will be the same and those applicator is just unhygienic and troublesome to bring along, since I used to travel a lot, back then. However those opinions change the moment I meet this Real Technique Stippling Makeup Brush.

I purchased it recently from Luxola, on sale. Normally, it will cost you Rp 210,000 ($15) on normal price (Indonesia). It is a bit more expensive compared to their original price due to shipping cost and etc. 

https://realtechniques.com

On their website, I found out that the stippling brush is $10 with worldwide delivery. Even if you are buying from other websites or shops, I suggests you to check their website out before your purchase. They provide videos, stories, and blogs featuring their products as well, a good additional value for us.



www.realtechniques.com Real Techniques Brush
www.realtechniques.com
  

They provide a link to their website on their packaging as well. 
I actually bought the brush without knowing about the website.

For Stippling Brush Tutorial Videos from them, 
you can click here and here.












What I get from the videos:
  • The stippling brush is actually an all-rounder that can be used to apply any sort of make up, the foundation, the powder, highlighter, etc, but works best with light foundation like BB cream or tinted foundation (which is how I am going to use it for)
  • The correct motion on applying is starting from the center of your face moving outward, on big circular motion, and drag out. If you need extra coverage, just push/dab it once on the area, with whole brush facing your face. 

This is the brush I owned. It looks exactly like the one on the website. I honestly love the dove and matte stump end of the brush. It can 'stand' sturdily on my dressing table. The brush is light and easy to grip. 
Right: The brush is smooth, silicon brush claims to give the airbrush result even under harsh light.
Left: Cute and comfortable-to-grip 'stump' with flat end, so that you can put it upright on the table.

To show you how different the finishing results is, I tried to apply it on the palm of my hand. For a more distinctive comparison (considering the camera resolution), I also drew two tiny lines with my K-Palette 24 Hour Tattoo liner in dark brown. The coverage of course depends on the strength of the BB/CC cream used. I am using my Lee Ji Ham (LJH) CC Cream (reviewed here).

LJH CC CREAM, K-PALETTE 24 Hour Tattoo Liner, Real Technique Stippling Make Up Brush
Top Left: The back of my hand with the K-Palette 24 H Tattoo Liner in Dark Brown
Top Right: I put little dots of LJH (Lee Ji Ham) CC Cream to blend in
Bottom: On the right is the finish result of finger-application
Bottom: On the left is the finish result of Real Technique Stippling Make up Brush.

You can see the difference in the finished results from the trial picture above: 
  • The finger-application techniques blends well but not distributed thoroughly. There are some parts that gets too much CC cream and there are some parts that do not get covered well (the line is thinner on top and thicker at the bottom). 
  • The brush-application on the other hand, distributed the CC cream better and delivering smoother finish with less crease. The promised of airbrushed finish delivered! In addition, the colors of the CC cream blends on the skin better as well.


Review:

PriceRp 210,000 ($15)/ $10 on their website. I think the price is reasonable considering it is a durable-looking-tool which will take a while until you break it down and replace it with a new one. 
Pros:
• Durable
• Deliver its promise of airbrushed finish compared to finger application
• My make up does stays longer compared to finger application
• Cheap
• Good grip
• There is a tutorial video
Cons:
• Hygiene issues. I was a bit concern as we cannot wash it everytime we are applying our BB cream (Do you wash your brush often?). I am scared that the bacterial build up will cause acne problems to my face. This issues also apply when we are traveling with it, because there is no cap or whatever to cover the brush.
Recommend: YES, absolute Yes! Even my mom was sold, when I apply BB cream with the brush on her face. 
Repurchase: I am buying it for my sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment