Sunday, November 15, 2015

Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow)

I have been loving the Dior Lip Glow.
I have a tendency to have a dry cracked lips and the lip glow really helps my lips to look healthy effortlessly. 
The product will react with your body pH and turn to a color depends on it.

However, it is expensive. I purchased it last year at Singapore Duty Free shop at around Rp 350K and now, with dollars climbing up, the price has reach up to more than Rp 420K (last I checked).
It is not long lasted (only for 2-3 months?) I do not think that it is quite an investment. 

Then...
I found out about the Secret Key Sweet Glam.
They claim to be the cheaper version of Dior Lip Glow. 
I was curious and I decided to buy it. 
Secret Key Sweet Glam Color
I bought the one in #1 Baby Pink as it bears the most resemblance to the Dior Lip Glow

This is the comparison of the product packaging.
Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow)
Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow) --- THE PACKAGING
At a glance, it looks almost similar: the color and the design.
Although, the Secret Key's packaging tend to be 'plump'er and shorter.

Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow)
Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow)
See that the secret key's are bigger yet shorter.
The bottom of the tube is different too. 
The secret key's bottom is in a soft square with the production codes and stuff. 
Dior's bottom is a round end, with CD initial engraved. More elegant I guess.
Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow)
Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow)
Applied on the lips, there is a different actually. 
The Secret Key's are more moist and have the oily feel. 
Dior's are moist without the 'too-oily' feel. 

The color is different too, as you can see on the picture below.
Secret Key (Sweet Glam) vs Dior (Lip Glow) Color
There is a slight difference.
Dior (left) are more matte yet moisturizing and the color are more of a natural lip color.
Secret Key (right) are more dewy/oily and the color are slightly brighter (reddish) then Dior's

Which one do you like more?
I personally didn't like the too oily feel on my mouth. I am not comfortable with that, that is why I am leaning towards lip tint and lip water all this while. 
But I guess I can live with Secret Key.
With price, comes quality, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment