Tuesday, December 15, 2015

PFL BCA - BRANCH OJT [The First Week]

I am officially done with my first week at BCA KCU Pontianak, my placement branch for the next 9++ months.

On my first day, I am so confused as any of you would be on your first day at work.
I have been there as a customer, but not the employee. 
So, of course I am perplex.
Where do employee enter the building from, Who to meet first, What to do, and What will happen next?
Big Question Mark

The answers are:
Where to enter from as an employee?  
Ask the security or follow the current employee (let them lead the way)

Who to meet first?  
I am meeting my Kalay first (according to the letter given to me), but actually it was the HRD I should have met first! (my bad)

What to do?  
The answer will varies from branches to branches as they have their own regulations. 
Since I was meeting my Kalay, I gave her my letter and I just follow her lead from then.

What will happen next?
This answer will also be different from branches to branches. 
I was immediately join the morning briefing where I got to introduce myself then I was sent to observation at the counter. 

So let me tell you my complete story.


On my first day, I come a bit 'late' then I suppose to. I come around 7:05 am but they already had the morning briefing, in time for my introduction. I know that the service hour starts at 7:30, with briefing at 7:15 but on Monday, they are a tad bit earlier than usual. I am consider late for my first day. TT.TT Please check your branch operational service hour at least one day before your first day. 
Then, I handed over my letter to my Kalay and KOC. I had a brief introduction and I was told to do some observation first at CS Counter for a day, and CS Desk for a day (second day); which I did. 

On my third day, I started to open a counter on my own. I held 3 account opening on my own, with my mentor assistant. All went well.

On my fourth day, I open the counter all on my own with my mentor only sitting besides me to note mistakes. All went pretty well!

On my fifth day, I was left to open the counter myself and I was given a spare ID, which means I will bear all the responsibilities myself. It was nerve wreaking most frightening experience I have ever encounter. I was so nervous that I forget some small things and I have to call the customers for it, which I am very sad and sorry for. 

I need to learn a lot of things and I am going to learn it soon and as fast as I could. I feel like I am the dumbest now in the group and that upset me. 

What everyone must have been thinking about me

Anyway, please take note about:


• Service Hour
Get to know everything you could about your branch. If your both Observation and DO OJT are at you placement branch, then lucky you!
• Absent Card
My senior PFL friends do not even given a card when they come to their branch. I need to contact my PIC but he is no where to be found.
• Clothing
I come with uniform (yellow) but was ask to change to black and white the next day. Because I am not yet ready, which is fine with me.
• Hair
This differ between branches to branches. You will know there, but please have your hair do as you did on training. 
• What to do
Just follow the lead. Do not forget to apply for finger print scan for absence report. Do not forget to visit the HRD division.
• What to bring
Your spirit! LOL! The letter, small note book for note taking, pen, name tag, lunch (if you can), water bottle, and your TXN notes. Do not forget! Lastly,
• Try your best to remember your colleagues and superior names, smile, and always smile.

= YOU WILL BE FINE =


ps: the first 2 months will be hard! As hard as ****!!

NOTE: Always try to blend in with others. Some might treat you differently because you are a PFL. Stay humble and stay focus. You have a goal and so are they. We might be walking a different path but our destination is the same (the permanent employee). 
PFL is better equipped with the theories and deep understanding while others have the experience and better practical skills. We are both good in our different ways! If you cannot do things or you do not understand, ask! do not be discouraged. Share! Give! and you will receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment