Sunday, December 27, 2015

PFL BCA - Open the Counter for the First Time

Please note that I am bound to the company's secret that I cannot tell you guys the stories in details about procedures and internal information and I am a newbie who might not have a clear or deep understanding of the companies procedures yet. Disclaimer is ON.


So, after 4 days of observation: 1 days at the counter and 3 days at desk, I am opening my own counter!
Of course my seniors is still sitting behind me in case (of course) I need help. 

OK.
I must tell you know that you will feel extremely useless and stupid. Around 80% of what you have learned at the training centre is not applicable here.

Do not say that I didn't warn you.


This is serious!
I made some stupid mistakes, forgetting small things on my first day opening a counter!
I have to redeem myself after the service hour is over.
I feel like a no-brainer slow poke.
I am considered pretty fast for a beginner.
Still, I feel like I am left behind every one by large margin.

I am lucky enough to have a very good, patient, and thoughtful mentor.
IDK who is this Anthony, but the quotes is spot on
I can't never thank her enough. 
The things is, not everyone is as lucky  as you.

People have different characteristics and some might not get a long well with others. 
This is what my other friends have encountered. 
I feel sad for them. 
I still have a difficult time adjusting myself to my colleagues as they have know each other for pretty long time. I knew this is my weak points for quite a time already. I am working on it, as hard as I can.


What you should be preparing:

  • Big water bottle
  • Memorise your TXN (all of them) if you can't yet write a small notes and place them where the customers  cannot see. You will still need to memorise them, the notes is only for temporary use.
  • Small notes/books to take some important notes. Do not forget your mentoring sheets.
  • Have enough breakfast! You do not know when your turn to have lunch will come. Mine is around 13:30.

The first 2 days is pretty harsh, even for me. 
I made stupid mistakes and I felt left behind but things start getting better on the third day. I even sell AIA products! and I didn't forget anything anymore. Such a bliss.

I still have long way to go, but as long as my superiors and colleagues think that I am advancing fast enough I think I am on the right track. 

This is those time that make a lot of my friends think of giving up on the contract (honestly me too). The working environment is pretty harsh and I do not think that we have been credited enough. 

 But thinking about it, this is a choice that I have been taken and I have been through lots of things worse than this. 
Why did I turn whinny and weak?
I should be the strong willed and inspiring person!

RESOLUTION:

Even if I didn't continue the contract after 3 years:
I want to at least graduate through the training period with all of my classmates.
I want to at least go and see how far I can go in this company in 3 years.
I want to get the knowledge, experience, and connections to the most from working here. I wouldn't go out with nothing this time.


I feel like inserting some of Confucius sayings:

Remember that everything starts from a single steps.
The small actions today might turns out to be a big changes in the future.
Be persistent and do not give up easily.

No explanation needed for this one.

You reap what you saw.
What you give to people will be felt and be given back to you.
Hopefully thousand times more.

I think this might be the most important of all.
To go with all your heart for me means to give your all.
To never do things half way because it gets hard.
I personally did that before and I kinda see myself doing it a different way if I could by now.
Time and opportunities is something that cannot be turned back. Use it wisely.



If you are interested to know more about my PFL journey, you can click here

I wrote down most of my journey from recruitment to the in-class training and OJT.




No comments:

Post a Comment