Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Lee Ji Ham (LJH) CC cream Review

I first heard about this product from a beauty blogger, Stella Lee, accidentally, when I was running out of my BB cream. Since CC cream is the major foundation breakthrough after BB cream at that time, I decided to switch from BB to CC. 

CC cream literally is BB cream + Skin care.

chose LJH CC cream as I had read a tons of positive review about this product (not only Stella's but other blogger as well). I was very curious to try but it was not available anywhere in Indonesia. You could purchase it from HKCplaza, a Singapore website and had it delivered to me via a friend who is coming for a visit. They actually offers free delivery worldwide. But living in Indonesia, I was overly worried about the import tax, bureaucracy, and etc. and since I have heard from a friend that she paid more money for the taxes then the products she bought. That sucks. But the delivery options is up to you.

This is what I found under the LJH CC Cream description on the HKCplaza website:

LJH Cellabel M.C. Vital CC Cream
Taken from hkcplaza
Ingredientswater, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate,caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone,ethylhexyl salicylate, niacinamide, phenyl trimethicone, zinc oxide, talc,disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, iron oxides(CI 77492),dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, C12-14 pareth-3,portulaca oleracea extract, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer,mica, iron oxides(CI 77491), phenoxyethanol, sorbitan olivate, trihydroxystearin,silica dimethyl silylate, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum stearate, methicone,polyester-1, iron oxides(CI 77499), ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate,propylene glycol, acacia senegal flower/stem extract, adenosine, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil,citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil,citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, amorphophallus konjac root extract,centella asiatica extract, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, aminopropyl dimethicone,polymethylsilsesquioxane, cedrus atlantica bark oil, spirodela polyrrhiza extract,hippophae rhamnoides extract, juglans regia (walnut) seed extract,persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed extract,aloe barbadensis leaf extract, angelica dahurica root extract, asarum sieboldi root extract,chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower/leaf extract,chrysanthemum morifolium flower extract, cnidium officinale root extract,eclipta prostrata extract, morus alba root extract, sambucus nigra fruit extract,thuja occidentalis leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, vitex trifolia fruit extract,cananga odorata flower oil, cymbopogon nardus (citronella) oil,illicium verum (anise) fruit/seed oil, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) leaf oil,anthemis nobilis flower oil, jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil,santalum album (sandalwood) oil, ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) resin oil,rose flower oil 


I have been using it for 1 year now. There is still few ml left. I think it will last another month or two, the  45 ml lasted quite long for daily usage. 

Lee Ji Ham CC Cream
My almost finish LJH CC cream

I like that it comes in a pump packaging, one pump is enough for full face usage, which helps which preserving the amount as well. I actually love anything that comes in pump packaging as it helps with estimating the usage amount, it is more portable, and it relieves the hygene concern.


Lee Ji Ham CC Cream Texture
This is what the product looks.

The texture it self is creamy. It is white with some beads but when you blend it in your skin, it turn into a yellowish beige color and it suppose to match your skin tone, creating a brightening effect. It holds oil quite well for my normal-oily-combination-sensitive skin (7++ hours) and never causes any breakouts.

Before/After Lee Ji Ham CC Cream Application
Zoomed Look


As you can see I have reddish mark areas around my cheeck area eversince I could remmember and my skin is sensitive. This CC cream have actually conceal the redness and the blemishes abit and it does lighten my skin as claimed.

Finished result, after wearing the skinfood buckwheat powder in #23 (I bought the wrong color): 
Lee Ji Ham CC cream finish look
My Finished Look: LJH CC Cream + Skin Food Buckwheat Loose Powder #23

This is the loose powder I am wearing in the picture:
Skin Food Buckwheat Loose Powder in #23
Skin Food Buckwheat Loose Powder in #23
My skin is oily. I need loose powder to hold on to the CC cream, for it to last longer. 

My problem with this CC cream is the oxydation. After wearing the CC cream all day, I think it changes its color a bit. It turns yellowish which I personally don't like as it doesn't match my skin. My face is darker then my neck and the rest of my body. 

Face vs Arm


I am not sure if the you guys can see the difference clearly in this picture, but it is quite a difference that people can know it at first glance and I am not wearing any blush on or shading or bronzer. 

I am not sure it is the powder as well, coz it looks OK, when I first apply the products and I am not sure it only happens to me or not. I need someone to enlighten me. 

Overall Thoughts: 7/10
  • Price : SGD 48 (and I got free samples)
  • Pros  : 
    • Hold oil and didn't cause any breakouts
    • 7 free prescription formula which is good for sensitive skin
    • Contains SPF 30++ PA
    • Does brighten your skin when wearing the products
    • Last long
  • Cons :
    • Oxydation, the color change after wearing it all day (not sure is it just me)
    • Kinda hard to find here in Indonesia (I have to order it from the website and it has a free delivery worldwide, but considering the import tax and procedures here?? No thanks)
    • It claims to improve skin conditions with its '800 times more vitamin C than apple' formula, but I do not feel big difference even after 1 year of using the products. 
  • Repurchase : NO. I like it overall but I am going to try another products which suits my skin better.
  • Recommended: YES! I think it is very suitable for yellow undertone skin and if you have slightly oily or sensitive skin and do not really need a full coverage. If you have any thought on purchasing this, some of beauty blogger out there have discount code, I purchased mine with Stella Lee's code which is SB05000AID. You can find other codes of course. 




This post is not biased and purely based on my own experienced. I was not paid or sponsored. 







No comments:

Post a Comment