Wednesday, December 2, 2015

PFL BCA - Duty Officer Internship [KCU Kalimalang]

The Duty Officer Pin
The Duty Officer Pin
It has been a long three days and I haven't get a chance to write any good blogpost for a while and I am going to be quite buzy for couple weeks ahead so I this is might be a good time to write a post. 

Today (2/12) is my last day of DO. In fact, I am doing my DO report at the moment. 

My Report Cover Page

If you ask me what it felt like? The answer is:
It was tiring but rewarding at the same time

Tired part, no question needed! If you are not tired, or have a sore feet, or have a blisters all over your feet, it is not DO. I have blisters and band-aid all over my feet on the day 2. 

Sore Feet
Pardon my toes but I really want to post them. =P
Rewarding part, I cannot really explain this very well but you kinda get the feeling of satisfaction from all the help and services that you provided for the customers and how some of them reply by showing gestures of thankfulness. I am proud and happy at the same time when that happen. This is when I really think to myself that this is a good job. That I might do well in this job, that I want to do well.


OK, so I was 'randomly' placed at BCA KCU Kalimalang, East Jakarta. 
BCA KCU Kalimalang
BCA KCU Kalimalang
Considering the place that I am renting right now, it was far far far away. According to Google Maps, it was 22 KM away!!

Taken at 23:38
It should take around 1 hour by car on working hours.
I was considering using Gojek but because my parents were too worried of the long distance road, I ended up staying at relatives' house for 5 days (since Friday night) which was awesome!! HAHA!

What about BCA KCU Kalimalang?
• They have the best, kindest, loveliest, angelic Kalay (Kelapa Layanan) EVERRR!! (or so from the little comparison that I have)
• They are big! The building itself consist of 4 floors + basement. I made some maps for my ppt. 
BCA KCU KALIMALANG
First Floor: Teller and ATM
(I put some watermarks)



BCA KCU KALIMALANG
Second Floor: Prioritas, CSO, SDB
(I put some watermarks)


• The atmosphere is much more relax and lenient than my first intern branch (KCU Thamrin) and it is much much much more crowded with customers ranging from senior citizen to students.
• There are a lot of securities and they are friendly and highly educated about the products and procedures. They make a good DO partners. Honestly, on my first day the Teller's DO was 'borrowed' by smaller branch and I need to get by the whole day as DO, alone. On my first day. On Monday (Ughh, busy Monday! The branches closed around 15:15 and 'really closed' around 16:00).  I receive a great help from the security officers.


To Do List (Preparation):

• Buy a comfortable shoes (some branches allows black flat shoes, it will be nice if you get information ahead, I didn't)
• If you have time and resources, check out the locations one day before. If possible, get to know if you can wear flat shoes for DO (girls only)
• Come early on your first day. First impression lasts forever! 
• Get to know the branch layout and counters! (you will be questioned about this a lot!!!)
• Get to know the forms needed for each transactions (for both teller and CSO forms, learn how to fill in as well. A lot of customers are confused you have to be able to guide them through)
• Drink enough water and bring some candy. You will be greetings people all the time, you do not want to have a bad breath.
• Ask where to have lunch in the morning while everyone is still not too busy.
• Take enough pictures to be put on your report.

To Do List (While On Duty):

• Smile and Greet, Always!!
• Ask if you do not know! Do not give some random answers, it will get back to you.
• Check the forms, do not let them run out.
• Help the customers that look confused or worried. They are the one who needed help the most.
• Do not act high and mighty. Learn from everyone. Remember that everyone is smarter and more experienced than you! Do never act differently to people just because of their background! Treat others the way you want to be treated! (one of my life motto).
• Learn from your mistakes. Do not repeat the same mistakes!


DO Report:

• Do not forget to take pictures
• Ask the Kalay for in-depth information (branch hierarchy, majority transactions, etc)
• Remember the layout
• Remember each touching/important moments
• Take note of possible improvements
• Do it ASAP. You only have little time to finish this one

That's all.
You shall be fine.
Remember to be friendly and down to earth! 
Use this chance to the fullest to get the enough the experience needed for your job later at branch office.

This is nearly the end of the in-class training.
Use this time efficiently and spend quality time with your beloved classmates.
I would suggest to start packing your stuff. The books weight around 3 KGs each. You will need space for uniforms as well (2 blazers, 3 blouses, skirts, and long pants), for men you will need to make your own pants!

3 comments:

  1. They do provide lunch in Magang DO and Observation time? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for reading my blogs and sorry for the late reply. No, and you better prepare some lunch box if you can. It is kinda hard to find lunch spots there. I do heard that SCBD and Pluit have caterings that you can ordered from.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Your blog did a huge help for me to survive here. Kinda confuse. :p

    ReplyDelete