Thursday, December 24, 2015

[REVIEW] SULWHASOO Evenfair Perfecting Cushion no.13 (Light Pink)

Sorry for not posting regularly lately. I have been so busy with life changes and I get to tired that writing a blog seems impossible. Now that I have a 4 days Christmas holiday, I might as well write a good quality blog for you guys.

I have heard about Sulwhasoo Brand for quite a time now and I now they are high end brand and they are expensive! One of my friend owned this line, the Evenfair Perfecting Cushion. I heard that it was voted as the best cushion product 2013 by the Korean version of "Allure". So, feeling adventurous I decided to buy them despite the high cost. 

SULWHASOO Evenfair Perfecting Cushion no.13 (Light Pink)
I bought no. 13 in light pink which is not 'pink' at all judging from the colour of the products.
The packaging is very nice a elegant looking compared to the other brand of bb cushion.
The Sulwhasoo has this gold lining and pretty much slimmer than other brands' packaging. 
In short, they look expensive.
Oh, it also comes with the re-fill!

SULWHASOO Evenfair Perfecting Cushion no.13 (Light Pink)
Unique elegant packaging
They have the golden decoration at the edges.
In side, they have the mirrors and puff (brown colour), just like other bb cream.
Again the gold lining is a major difference. I like the feeling of luxury that I get from the packaging.

SULWHASOO Evenfair Perfecting Cushion no.13 (Light Pink)
What it looks like inside.
Underneath the lid, the cushion is still protected with the protective stickers.
The texture is light, just like other brands.
The colour is not what I expected honestly. 

SULWHASOO Evenfair Perfecting Cushion no.13 (Light Pink)
Not exactly light pink, OK
Here is the Caution statement and what I want to highlight is the 5th points: "2% or more arbutin"
What is ARBUTIN?

They are whitening agents! They works very quickly on the skin by not only whitening your skin tone, but works well as moisturizer too. it can as well fitler out harmful UV rays.

Arbutin is a relatively simple chemical, with a glucose attached  to a hydroquinone. 
What makes a difference is that arbutin does not have the side effects that hydroquinone seems to have.  Arbutin also has anti-cancer activity on melanoma cells, apparently by regulating expression of the p53 tumor suppressor and cell apoptosis. (read more: here)


They do have the better coverage than other BB cushion I might say and they last long too!
I think the colour suits my skin I guess (on real life, not on camera). 
Here is what it looks on my skin. 
Too light? May be?

SULWHASOO Evenfair Perfecting Cushion no.13 (Light Pink)
See the gorgeous coverage and dewy complexion 


Overall Thoughts: 8/10


  • Price : IDR 750K++ (prices might increased already)
  • Pros  : 
    • Contains SPF 50+/PA+++
    • Does brighten your skin when wearing the products
    • Last long through out the whole day
    • Good coverage
  • Cons:
    • Due to the dewy complexion, my face sometimes looks 'oily'
    • I am not sure that I get pimples because of this products, but I have mild breakouts lately.
    • EXPENSIVE!
  • Repurchase : Not sure. I might if I got some discount. Plus, if I am sure that the breakouts is not caused by the products.
  • Recommended: YES! I think it is very suitable for Asian skin tone and if you need high and long lasting coverage. If you have spare money and looking for a high end brand to add to you bb cushion collections, why not try this? It worth the try.

No comments:

Post a Comment